7 Tips For Remodeling Your Kitchen
Kitchens are the hub of home life and a source of pride. A kitchen is the single most expensive room to remodel in a home and if you are thinking about listing your home at the Lake of the Ozarks, you may want to consider doing a few updates before putting it on the market. The kitchen is one of the most scrutinized rooms of your home when potential buyers are looking for their next home. That is why it may be beneficial to complete a few updates. It’s easy to get carried away when planning your new kitchen, so if you are not sure where to start, the Fran Campbell Team has a few tips to help you design a kitchen that will sell your home!
1. Plan, Plan, PlanPlanning your kitchen remodel should take more time than the actual construction. If you plan well, the amount of time you are inconvenienced by construction will be minimized. By doing this, you are more likely to stay on budget and less likely to change your mind during construction.
2. Bring your Cabinets All the Way to the CeilingCabinets collect dust and typically have accessories that are unnecessary. More Cabinets will give you more storage and will eliminate unused dusty areas. Plus the look of floor to ceiling cabinets can be absolutely stunning!
3. Invest in Quality CabinetsThis is NOT the place to cut corners. The drawers and doors of your cabinets will be opened and closed multiple times daily. Be sure to get solid hardwoods, quality finishes, and sturdy hinges. Your potential buyers will notice if you've installed poor quality cabinets.
4. Splurge On a New FaucetSome might say a faucet is the “jewelry” of the room. The faucet is the hardest working part of the kitchen. Give your kitchen a fresh new look by furnishing it with a stylish faucet that offers quality and convenience for potential buyers.
5. Create a Functional WorkspaceRemember, this is a space that will be utilized often and the layout needs to make sense. For example, be sure to have counter space next to and across from your oven. You do not want to carry a hot casserole across the room just to set it down.
6. Conceal your Appliances with CabinetryThis newer trend has really caught on and brought a whole new look to the kitchen area. Stainless steel scattered throughout the kitchen can cause the area to look choppy and small. Choosing cabinetry to conceal appliances can create an atmosphere that is larger, room-like and livable.
7. Bigger is Not Always BetterMake the most of your small area by choosing high-quality materials and thoughtful details. Maximize the storage space that you have and avoid un-needed items on the counters. You want the area to feel open and clutter free.
Making these minor upgrades to your kitchen will create a space that buyers will love, and will be willing to pay more for! There is no better time than now to start making a few home improvements if you are thinking about selling your home at the Lake of the Ozarks! We hope that you find these kitchen design tips helpful! When you are ready to sell your home at the Lake of the Ozarks contact only the BEST real estate agents at the Lake of the Ozarks, the Fran Campbell Team! We will not only help your list your home, but we are dedicated to marketing your home to get it SOLD!
Contact the Fran Campbell Team to get your home SOLD!
Lake of the Ozarks BEST Realtor