5 Essential Tips to Prepare for Moving Day
If you are getting ready to buy a home at the Lake of the Ozarks, then you are probably getting excited about moving into a new place to call home. One thing you are probably not so excited about is the dreaded moving day. There are a lot of steps to check off in between deciding to relocate and successfully executing it. Moving into a new home can be quite stressful, but there are several things you can do to make it a little easier. Our team of real estate agents at the Lake of the Ozarks have five tips to consider for your next big move!
1. Make a List of EverythingKeep a running list of everything you put into any given box. Once it’s full and the box has been labeled, mark which label your new list corresponds to (using letters or numbers work well) and file it away for safekeeping. This way, you will be able to remember where you placed your silverware without having to dig through every single box!
2. Start Packing AheadWhy not save yourself some time on the big moving day by packing some things ahead of time? You probably don’t need your sweaters and winter coats readily accessible if you are moving in the summer. Packing as much as you can ahead of time – even if they’re small items – can make your life much, much easier.
3. Label Boxes with ContentLabel even the things you don’t think you will need to. Do not seal any boxes, bags, or crates without first labeling their contents. Some people even opt to color coordinate their boxes so they can quickly and easily identify their contents, such as designating yellow duct tape for kitchen items and blue duct tape for bathroom items. If all else fails, a thick permanent marker scrawled across your cardboard boxes will work just as well! Effective labeling will allow you to prioritize as you unpack, so you can get all of your necessities squared away first.
4. Use the Moving Supplies You Already HaveBelieve it or not, you actually have plenty of moving supplies in the back of your closets and under your beds. Suitcases and duffle bags are great places to pack bed sheets or shoes, and your extra bags, blankets, and purses hold all kinds of miscellaneous items. If you don’t fill them with other things, they will just have to be packed away in a different box. Why not use them to their full potential?
5. Leave Out Some Basic Cleaning SuppliesHopefully, you have already done your deep clean, but you should still keep basic cleaning supplies available for any unexpected touch ups. A broom, dustpan, and sanitizing wipes should be sufficient. Keep your cleaning supplies somewhere they won’t get loaded up. Once all the boxes are cleared out and the space is empty, you will be able to see if any last minute cleaning needs to be done.
We hope you find this list helpful for your next move. If you are considering relocating to the Lake of the Ozarks but have not found a home yet, the Fran Campbell Team can help! Our team knows the lake area and we can help you buy your dream home at the Lake of the Ozarks. Give us a call and let’s start your home search today!
Contact the Fran Campbell Team to get your home SOLD!
Real Estate Lake of the Ozarks: Find Your Dream Home Now!
Fran Campbell Team - RE/MAX Lake of the Ozarks
Lake of the Ozarks BEST Realtor
Lake of the Ozarks BEST Realtor
(573) 302-2390 Office
(573) 746-0547 Broker Cell