When it comes to upping the luxury in your home, the master bedroom is a great place to start. Your bedroom should be a beautiful place of comfort and warmth - a place to relax and unwind after a long, busy day. Here are a few quick tips to get you started:
- Cover your bed with a thick comforter and deck it out with pillows, shams, and throw pillows.
- Hang gauzy curtains or thick, rich drapes around your windows.
- Declutter your dressers and nightstands.
- Install plush carpet.
- Off-set your overhead lighting by placing floor lamps and table lamps around the room.
- Redo the flooring with with large, square tiles. We recommend using soft, neutral tones.
- Tile the shower and install a glass shower door. Clear or decorative glass both work equally well.
- Decorate with large, botanical artwork. Photographs of green leaves, morning dew, and flowers work wonders when it comes to creating a spa-like setting.
- Wipe down counters, mirrors, sinks, and toilets almost daily. Cleanliness is important throughout the entire house, but is especially crucial in the bathrooms.
- Install new appliances.
- Re-stain your cabinets so that they look clean, fresh, and new.
- Upgrade to granite countertops.
- Declutter your counters by tuck unnecessary items in cabinets, out of sight.
- Replace your old faucet with a new one. (If you want to pay extra close attention to detail, consider choosing a new faucet that matches the color of your appliances.)
- Add a tile backsplash.
- Accent your standard decorations with fresh, seasonal flowers.
- Place large area rugs in the center of the rooms - the larger the rugs, the bigger the rooms will seem.
- Minimize knickknacks, photos, and wall art. When it comes to decorations in a luxury home, less is always more.
- Designate an accent wall in every room. You can do this by painting it a dark color, hanging large canvasses or other artwork on it.
- Keep things bright by letting natural light in through your windows and accenting with soft, warm lamps.
- Frame your view. If your waterfront home at the Lake of the Ozarks has a window that offers a particularly great view of the water, hang special curtains or drapes around it to draw the eye to the view.
Real Estate Lake of the Ozarks : Find Your Dream Home Now!
Contact Fran Campbell Team at RE/MAX Lake of the Ozarks for all your real estate needs.
Best Realtor Lake of the Ozarks