What Makes Curb Appeal Important to Buyers?
When buyers approach a well maintained home front it can help pave the way for a successful interior viewing. When a home's exterior and landscaping are well taken care of, people may feel that the interior will also be in good shape. Driveways and walkways that are well maintained and artfully presented greet potential buyers as soon as they step out of their vehicles, serving as a positive first impression.
Curb Appeal is Important in the Winter
Trees and shrubs that lose their leaves can be unattractive if allowed to affect landscaping and lawns. During the winter, when snow and ice might prove to be a problem, it is essential to maintain driveways and walkways carefully. Ensure that you consider this when selecting trees to plant near driveways, and keep leaves in check year round. To elevate your curb appeal during winter, keep windows washed and consider power washing decks, sidewalks and siding.
Follow These Tips for Creating Curb Appeal
- Ensure that the yard and landscaping is neat, tidy, and well-maintained. Choose options that flatter the home. Freshly pruned vegetation illustrates careful attention to detail.
- Remove flowering plants that are past their prime. Trim back seasonal plants and remove wilted or fallen leaves. Keep up with mulch and position potted plants in an attractive style.
- Control growth of large trees to optimize light and safety of the home and surrounding buildings and property. Remove debris under trees daily, if needed.
- Pay close attention to the front door and garage doors, including paint or stain condition and color, hardware and details. Consider adding seasonal decorations like a wreath or potted plants near the door.
- Assess and improve the driveway and walkways to and around the home.
- Pressure wash the exterior of your home and ensure the gutters and roof are clean.
- Ensure the lighting by doors and pathways is stylish and helps your home stand out day or evening.
- Clean and repair windows and screens. Window treatments should be clean and in working order.
- Check the condition of your decks and make improvements if needed. Create an inviting space on decks and patios by keeping them clean.
Real Estate Lake of the Ozarks : Find Your Dream Home Now!
Contact Fran Campbell Team at RE/MAX Lake of the Ozarks for all your real estate needs.