Here are 6 helpful tips to ease the stress of finding your Lake home!
- Consider the location. When searching for you new home, consider the location. How far are you willing to commute to work? How far is the drive to schools, shopping, grocery and other amenities that you will need. Is the home next to a vacant lot or neighbors? How is the upkeep of the surrounding neighbors, building etc?
- Do some research. It goes without saying that we have a wealth of information at our finger tips with one simple Google search. Use this to your advantage to access information about recent home sales, number of homes on the market, comparable home sale prices and community information.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage. Although a pre-approved amount is not a contracted amount, it is usually pretty accurate and will tell you your top-dollar budget for your new home. Ask your mortgage lender to provide you a letter stating how much you are qualified to borrow - this can be instrumental in negotiating the best contract on a new home.
- Compile a list of things you Need, a list of things you Want and possibly a list of things you Do NOT Want. Share this list with your Lake of the Ozarks Realtor, so they can find homes that meet as many of your criteria as possible.
- Take Notes! It is likely that you will tour several homes and the process can become very confusing. Don't rely on your memory - jot down notes about the advantages and disadvantages of each home. When finalizing your decisions you can refer to your notes to help you make the best decision.
- Be prepared to make an offer. Start your house hunting when you are emotionally and financially ready to buy a home. The process can be grueling and frustrating - if you are not completely ready to commit to an offer, then consider holding off until you ARE ready.