6 Easy Steps to Roasting Chestnuts

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping on your nose...."  

I can't help but sing along every time I hear that song... but this year, I decided to go a step further.  I may sing the song, but I can't say that I have ever actually roasted chestnuts on an open fire!  So I decided to do a little research to find out what all the fuss was about!  I was surprised at how easy it really is AND that no open fire was even necessary!   

Check out these simple steps!!
  1. Choose plump shiny chestnuts - avoid those with holes.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees 
  3. Use a knife to cut an "X" on the flat side of a chestnut.  Slice only thru the tough skin not the flesh.
  4. Place the chestnuts, with incision side facing up, on a roasting pan and roast for 30 mins
  5. While they are still warm (not hot) peel the chestnuts.  You will want to keep the others warm under a towel because they become hard to peel once they cool.  If needed, return to the oven for a few minutes to warm them up to make peeling easier!
  6. Be sure to peel both the outer and the inner skin before eating.
We hope you enjoy the holiday season and get a chance to do more than just listen to Chestnuts Roasting by an Open Fire!!  


Happy Holidays from the Fran Campbell Team!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Factors that Influence Your Home's Value

Fun Christmas Games for the Kids!

4 Home Improvement Ideas for Cold Weather Days