History of Veteran's Day (www.history.com)
On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, an armistice, or temporary cessation of hostilities, was declared between the Allied nations and
Facts about Veterans in the United States (Huffington Post November 7, 2012 and www.history.com)
- 260,000 Veterans will be homeless in 2012.
- 9.2 million veterans are over the age of 65.
- 1.9 million veterans are under the age of 35.
- 1.8 million veterans are women.
- As many as 35% of Iraq Veterans have or will experience Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. PTSD is an "anxiety disorder that can develop after exposure to a terrifying event or ordeal in which grave physical harm occurred or was threatened." People with PTSD have persistent frightening thoughts and memories, can feel emotionally numb and can have trouble sleeping or being startled easily.
- In 2012 it was estimated that more than 5.5 million U.S. Veterans live with a disability.
Fran Campbell Team
Lake of the Ozarks BEST Realtor