- Line your paint tray with a plastic bag or aluminum foil. Some trays will fit nicely into a small garbage or grocery bag AND you'll never have to buy a new tray or wash one.
- Use bed raisers, 2x4 scraps or wooden blocks to raise your furniture and avoid painting the floor or surface.
- Have a small area that you don't want to paint? Cover the area with Vaseline - works great for screws or hinges.
- If your painters tape is peeling and won't come out in one piece, place it in the microwave for 10 seconds and it will be like new.
- If you need to take a break and want to keep your brush and rollers from getting hard, simply wrap them in a plastic bag and seal it with a rubber band.
- When painting old furniture, be sure to use wood filler in the dents and scratches to achieve a smooth surface.
- If you have a dry painted surface that feels rough, run a brown paper bag over it. It creates a very smooth sandpaper grit and it won't leave scratches.
- Remove paint tape at an angle to ensure a clean line.
Best Realtor Lake of the Ozarks