It's funny how kids cannot wait to get out of school, but within a few weeks they are already singing the blues. We put together a fun list of 40 "Almost Free" things to do with your kids to make your summer go a little smoother!
Check out our list and be sure to share your ideas too.
- Go for a Hike - HaHa Tonka is a great place.
- Go on a Picnic - you have to eat lunch anyway, right? So pack it up and take it to a local park.
- Take a Bike Ride - Great exercise and hopefully wears them out a bit
- Go Camping - Renting a "site" at a campground is relatively cheap or you can simply camp in your backyard.
- Bubbles Bubbles Bubbles - You can even use this Bubble Recipe to make your own.
- Go Fishing
- Play in the Sprinkler
- Swim in the Lake - Public Access at PB#1 and PB#2
- Build a Blanket Fort - this can last for days.
- Play Dress up - Allow them to use some of your old jewelry or shoes to make it even more fun.
- Water Balloon Fights
- Finger Painting
- Go to the Library
- Visit your local Fire Station
- Plant Flowers in a small container for you kids
- Go on a walk and let your kids take pictures
- Skee Ball on the Strip - cheap AND entertaining.
- Make Friendship Bracelets
- Go for ice cream
- Check out the local Home Improvement Store's Kids' Workshop days
- Teach Grandma or Grandpa to text.
- Play I Spy
- Pull out the Board Games
- Draw with Sidewalk Chalk
- Make Popsicles
- DANCE - teach your kids the Macarena or any of your other famous dance moves!
- Write letters to relatives - Grandma and Grandpa will LOVE this.
- Catch Fireflies
- Flashlight Tag at night
- Take a day trip to Bennett Springs Park
- Play Simon Says
- Mommy/Daughter Makeovers
- Daddy/Daughter Makeovers :)
- Tie Dye old shirts
- Movie Night with popcorn and friends
- Make cookies and deliver to a neighbor or friend
- Visit the local Farmer's Markets
- Craft Day - Pull out the glitter, glue, scissors and construction paper for a day of creativity.
- Make a Pool Noodle Race Track
Best Realtor Lake of the Ozarks