But there are some hidden benefits to taking a different approach and actually doubling down on your house hunt right now, while the holiday season is in full swing.
- Lower competition for your dream home. This means their are fewer competitors for your dream home and less chance of multiple offers.
- MOTIVATED Sellers. There are fewer sellers during the off season, and those who are active tend to be highly motivated to sell. This means they are ready to entertain YOUR offer.
- Can't Miss Properties that WON'T wait. The "off" season is when fewer new listings come on the market. That being said, this is a great time to spot hidden gems offering unique mixes of property, fundamentals, amenities and location.
- Keeping a handle on your Cash. It is not uncommon to become over-enthusiastic and overspend during the holidays. When buyers take themselves out of the house hunting mode, they tend to loosen their budgets and may over-extend their credit. Continuing to shop for your new home over the holidays may help you keep to your holiday spending budget.
- Money pits can become crystal clear. As a buyer, you rely on inspections and disclosures to surface the hidden defects and property issues. Off-season can bring a variety of weather issues that often unveil problems with a property that may be more than you were bargaining for.
Contact Fran Campbell Team at RE/MAX Lake of the Ozarks for all your real estate needs.
Fran Campbell Team
Lake of the Ozarks BEST Realtor