Plaza III Steak Soup - Great for Rainy Days!
Another favorite from the Fran Campbell team!
This warm delicious soup is perfect for rainy days. In the spirit of the holidays, we're sharing some our teams' favorite recipes, so tell us how you like them!
PLAZA III STEAK SOUP
½-pound ground sirloin or ground round
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped celery
½ cup chopped carrots
1 stick margarine or butter
1 quart plus 1 cup water
1 teaspoon Accent
1-tablespoon beef soup base
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 ½-teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
1 cup mixed vegetables (if frozen, thaw)
Brown and drain ground chuck set aside. Parboil onion, celery and carrots. Drain and set aside. Melt margarine in a 2-quart pan and add flour. Mix well. Add water and stir until thickened. Add Accent, pepper, beef soup base and tomatoes. Cook one minute more, stirring constantly. Add Kitchen Bouquet, mixed vegetables, ground chuck and reserved opinion, celery and carrots. Cook on medium heat 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Makes about 1 ½ quarts.
You can changed the basis receipt as follows:
- You can use Ground chuck
- When parboiling onions, celery and carrots, add a couple diced potatoes. Do not drain the vegetables; combine the vegetables and liquid with the browned meat
- Instead of 1 cup of chopped tomatoes, use 1 can of stewed tomatoes chopped.
- Omit the butter or margarine to reduce fat content.
- Mix flour and ice water to a smooth lump free consistency. Add to the soup mixture until the desired thickness is achieved
- Add kitchen bouquet until you have the right color
Serve with warm sourdough bread and enjoy!
Can't you just envision yourself enjoying this great soup overlooking a gorgeous lake view? Now is a great time to buy your Lake of the Ozarks lake front home or condo! Interest rates are low and real estate prices are RIGHT! Give our team a call to learn more about buying your dream home.
Be sure to "Like"our Facebook page, "Follow"us on Twitter, and "Connect" with the Fran Campbell Team on LinkedIn.
Contact Fran Campbell Team at RE/MAX Lake of the Ozarks for all your real estate needs.
Fran Campbell Team
Lake of the Ozarks BEST Realtor
Best Realtor Lake of the Ozarks