What's Happening at the Lake of the Ozarks This Week
Planning a visit to Lake of the Ozarks August 15-21, 2011? Here's a handy schedule of events, compliments of the Fran Campbell real estate team.
- 11th annual For the Children Golf Tournament at Old Kinderhook Golf Club in Camdenton. The four-person scramble starts at 8:30 am and cost is $200/person or $800/team. For more information about For the Children Foundation, contact Judy Cavender at email@example.com or 660-890-8090 or visit www.forthechildren-forthefuture.org
- An artist reception for Bill Manion will be held at The Vine in Osage Beach at 6pm. Enjoy an evening of food, wine and art. For more information go to www.thevine-gallery.com or call 573-302-0066.
- Culver's Pancake Breakfast for Dogwood's Pets from 8-10 am. Tickets are $6 each and can be purchased by calling Dogwood Animal Shelter at 573-348-4411.
- Run for the Fallen, a tribute memorial run, will be held starting at the Osage Village 5 Cine in Osage Beach at 8am. this national tribute honors fallen soldiers of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom. There is no cost, although donations will be accepted for the local Wounded Warrior program. For more information, call 573-964-1008 or go to www.runforthefallen.org
- Shady Gators Phatfest Music Festival to benefit Camp Wonderland. This is an all day event. For more information, call 573-365-6464.
- Casa De Loco Winery presents the first A Taste of Mexico featuring The Mexican Stand-Off 2011, with the "Sounds of Selena" performed by Frankie Tuzcadero at the Bagnell Dam Park. This is a Latin festival with music, food and a silent auction to benefit the local Habitat for Humanity. Catered by El Espolon Mexican Restaurant. Gates open at 2pm and food will be served at 3pm. For more information, call 417-676-0663.
- The Millstone Wheeler's Square & Round Dance club dances at the Laurie Bank starting at 6pm. Call 573-374-2261
- Packin' in the Pigskin will be at Ozark BBQ at 4pm. This 2nd annual challenge is between local football teams who can eat the most pulled pork sandwiches. There will be games and contests for kids of all ages. Proceeds benefit local booster clubs. For more information, call 573-374-7769.
- Kick Off of the Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Week. Events are centered around the annual boat races. This is a benefit for fire departments and local charities. For more information go to www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.com. The event will take place at Captain Ron's in Sunrise Beach. The races are free to spectators.
- The Great Shootout Treasure Hunt sponsored by Farmers Insurance. This will be held at Captain Ron's on Cannonball Beach from 5-10pm. Tickets are $25 each and include dinner, 1 drink and a chance to find buried treasure. Tickets can be purchased at Captain Ron's, El Capitan, Cannon Smoked Saloon or by calling Vicky Adams with the Laurie/Sunrise Beach Rotary Club @ 573-789-4651.
In addition to these activities, many of the Lake of the Ozarks area restaurants and bars have live music nightly. Check out the schedule.
Whatever your plans this week, please be sure to have a designated driver whether you be on land or water.
As always, if you are looking to buy or sell real estate at Lake of the Ozarks, contact Fran Campbell Team at RE/MAX Lake of the Ozarks for all your real estate needs.
Fran Campbell Team